Monday, June 6, 2011

Didn't quite go as planned...

Well, the dismantling didn't quite go as planned... we couldn't get the big flywheel off the press. It needs to come off to get the press out of the current owner's basement and into my place. We have been putting in calls, and sending emails with photos of the problem, to people who might know what to do. There have been a couple of suggestions that we could try.

In the meantime I went to see a studio space. Terrific, big old place in the Byward Market that is being turned into artist studios. Would LOVE to be there, not to have the press in my living room and to hang out with other creative folk. By chance I met one of them at Ottawa's New Art Festival on Sunday. Andrea Mueller, she's lovely, a jeweller and does gorgeous work.

Cross your fingers that we can get this machine apart and into my greedy little hands!

Cheers,
~ Gina

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Gina and cannot wait to see the studio space!!

    ReplyDelete